Home  >> Developers Forum  >> Intermittent BlueSoleil errors

user0506

Add new friend

Posted at 2014-03-12 00:58:48
[ Intermittent BlueSoleil errors ]

My company has deployed several hundred handheld computers with embedded bluetooth modules with BlueSoleil licences. Each computer runs a simple application that connects to a bluetooth printer via a virtual serial port. Most of the time, this works without any problems, but sometimes the connection attempt fails with one of the following errors:

BTSDK_ER_OPERATION_FAILURE: The operation fails for an undefined reason.

BTSDK_ER_UNKNOWN_HCI_COMMAND: HCI error “Unknown HCI Command (0X01)” is received.

What could be the reason for these errors? We have run thousands of tests (automated connect/disconnect) to try to find the root cause of the problem, but so far we have not found any clear pattern. It seems random.

We have seen this problem on many computers and many different printers, so it is not a hardware problem with a specific device. We are also sure that the printer is powered on, is connected to a power supply, has a working bluetooth module and is within range of the handheld computer (30 cm).

We are using BlueSoleil 7.0.370.0 (we have tried newer versions as well, I don't have a complete list of the versions tested at the moment).

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Lee

Add new friend

Posted at 2014-03-12 02:45:33

Without a log, we have no actual error information, then our engineer can not point out exactly what the reason is. BTSDK_ER_OPERATION_FAILURE is ambiguous.

BTSDK_ER_UNKNOWN_HCI_COMMAND is that the HCI command is unrecognized.

Please contact our technical support, capture a log data and send to us.

The support team email is support@bluesoleil.com

Thank you very much!

user0506

Add new friend

Posted at 2014-03-13 04:57:43

I can send you the bluesoleilSetup.log (C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\) and the log from our own application. Are there other logs you need?

Lee

Add new friend

Posted at 2014-03-13 19:36:09

We need the log data from BlueSoleilCS.exe and bluetooth stack. We have specific trace tool for capturing such kinds of data. Please tell us your email, and we will send you the tool and tell you how to use it.

Another simple way is that, if your BlueSoleil version is 9.2.460.0 or greater, for version 10, it's version 10.0.459.0 or greater, then there is a feature called "User Issue Tracking". You can just follow the steps on the window to capture data, log file is in 'c:\windows\temp' directory, named BlueSoleilBTData.log or  BlueSoleilBTData.zip. Please send the zipped file to our email support@bluesoleil.com.

Nicolas PERDU

Add new friend

Posted at 2014-09-02 00:01:56

Hi,

I have exactly the same with BlueSoleil 7.0.370.0.

I periodicaly call Btsdk_GetRemoteRSSI, wrapped as following in C#:

[DllImport("BsSDK.dll")]
    private static extern UInt32 Btsdk_GetRemoteRSSI(uint device_handle, out sbyte prssi);

The function returns usually after a few milliseconds, but some time I got an 0x0401 error (BTSDK_ER_UNKNOWN_HCI_COMMAND) and the function returns after a few secondes (3 to 6).

Have you any issue ?

Can I also get the tool to trace the logs ?

best regards

poonam

Add new friend

NOTE:
1.The reply should be more than 20 characters.
2.Image Size: less than 1MB, max pixel: 300 * 300.