Home  >> Developers Forum  >> Phone Volume Issue with A2DP on Windows 10

SwannyMatt

Add new friend

Posted at 2016-03-20 07:30:08
[ Phone Volume Issue with A2DP on Windows 10 ]

Trying to stream audio from my phone to my computer via bluetooth has brought me here. With Windows 7 and earlier it was a cinch and worked easily. Windows 8 & 10 is an entirely other (brutally annoying) story. I have scoured the internet and determined with Windows 8 and Windows 10 it is impossible to stream audio via bluetooth unless you have BlueSoleil installed. I was using the trial version and was able to stream music from my phone to my Windows 10 computer via bluetooth and it was fantastic. However, the phone's volume buttons do not adjust the volume! I will buy this program immediately if this issue is resolved.

Microsoft should have this bluetooth streaming built in as it was with Windows 7 and earlier. However unfortunately it doesn't look like they're going to add it anytime soon. I will buy this (IMHO, overpriced) program right now for this sole feature. It has been driving me nuts being unable to connect my phone to my computer via bluetooth. I'll only buy it though if I'm able to adjust the volume from my phone, and as of right now that is not working, please fix this ASAP so I can buy your program! I have been cursing Microsoft for not letting me play music from my phone through my computer.

Reference:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-hardware/windows-81-a2dp-and-avrcp-profile-activation-for/3411d86a-7432-4dce-aea1-500ffb5b0298

https://communities.intel.com/thread/45097?start=30&tstart=0

Clock

Add new friend

Posted at 2016-03-22 20:14:14

This is a developer forum, aimed at programmers.  

If the volume button on the phone doesn't adjust the volume of the music, the fault is probably not the bluetooth API, but either the player on the phone, the OS on the phone (if running a custom ROM), or simply that the media volume on the phone is already maxed?

Windows 10 shipped with Bluetooth partially broken.  I had to use the Insider Builds just to get a version with bluetooth serial ports working.  Are you at least on the latest service pack and fully updated?

Basically, I would be surprised if you actually need Blue Soleil.  From what I can tell, it's mostly useful for programmers.  Microsoft and other bluetooth stacks support streaming audio.  They just don't make it available to programmers for an affordable price, which is why Blue Soleil is useful.

Having said all of that, a new update for the Blue Soleil software came out yesterday.  Maybe you'll have better luck with that.

xakez

Add new friend

Posted at 2016-07-08 15:23:13

SwannyMatt, do you have good sound from your phone? 

I can't fix this trouble.. my topic: http://www.bluesoleil.com/forum/sdk-2-1250-1.html

Can you write your PC's configuration? Bluetooth dongle, audio card, motherboard. 

Thanks.

IreneD

Add new friend

Posted at 2019-07-30 17:36:01

That is very strange and the Microsoft have to provide the built-in Bluetooth version like previous versions. I have found your update quite interesting and would like to try this method as well for batter sound. Keep it up to bring such grade miners review here and these are informative for the public.

poonam

Add new friend

ligape

Add new friend

Posted at 2022-04-19 21:03:02

sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex   sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex  sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex 

sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex  sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex 

sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex  sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex 

ligape

Add new friend

Posted at 2022-04-19 21:03:08

sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex   sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex  sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex 

NOTE:
1.The reply should be more than 20 characters.
2.Image Size: less than 1MB, max pixel: 300 * 300.