Home  >> Developers Forum  >> Set laptop's PAN role as Group Network controller using Bluesoleil SDK

kiran

Add new friend

Posted at 2014-09-15 07:28:04
[ Set laptop's PAN role as Group Network controller using Bluesoleil SDK ]

I am trying to use BlueSoleil SDK (2.1.5) to share internet connection from windows 7 computer to Android devices. The attempt is to set Android device role as PAN User(PANU) and windows 7 computer's role as GN (group network controller).

When I connect Android device to Windows 7 computer using Bluesoleil application ( 10.0.479.1 ) with Personal Area Network, it correctly adds Android device to Group Network. So I assume, with Bluesoleil application, the roles are correctly set. But I don't see any API to set PAN role's in BlueSoleil SDK. Is it possible to use Bluesoleil SDK to set Windows 7 laptop's role as Group Network controller so that Android devices can connect to laptop and share internet connection of laptop ?

Note: In the release notes pdf ( section 3.1 ) of BlueSoleil 10.0.464.0 ( http://www.bluesoleil.com/download/files/IVT_BlueSoleil_10.0.464.0_ReleaseNote.pdf ), I see only PAN roles listed as Group Network and PAN user. So I assume, Bluesoleil doesn't support PAN role as NAP.

qifei

Add new friend

Posted at 2014-11-03 01:49:11

Dear kiran:

Yes, BlueSoleil do not support the PAN role as NAP.

We only support GN and PANU.

We start the GN service by default, you only need user our SDK to connect the PANU Service on the phone.  Do not need set role again.

poonam

Add new friend

ligape

Add new friend

NOTE:
1.The reply should be more than 20 characters.
2.Image Size: less than 1MB, max pixel: 300 * 300.